1-21 Police blotter

Samplings of recent calls received by Clovis-area law enforcement officers, according to reports:

About 8 a.m. Jan. 4 an officer responded to a residence in the 500 block of Calhoun Street for a report of criminal damage.

The resident said when he woke that morning he discovered his home had been shot.

The man said the night prior he heard gun shots while he was sitting inside and went outside to see what had happened.

He said a neighbor told him he saw a car drive past and the flash from the muzzle of a gun as it was fired.

The man said since no one was hurt, he went back to bed, not realizing until morning that it was his house that had been targeted.

The officer discovered the house had been struck by six bullets, one of which penetrated a window and lodged in an inside wall. Bullets and bullet casings were collected from the scene.


About 11 p.m. Jan. 4 an officer on patrol in the area of Franklin and Purdue streets noticed a man walking who appeared intoxicated.

The officer stopped his unit and attempted to speak with the man but he ran, jumping a fence into a back yard.

The officer pursued the man several blocks and eventually caught him and placed him in handcuffs.

The 20-year-old was arrested for resisting and evading a police officer.

The man told the officer he had drank half a bottle of liquor at his home, got in an argument with his wife and started walking.

He said he assumed she had called police and that’s why he ran.


About 8 a.m. Jan 6 an officer was called to Lockwood Elementary in reference to narcotics found on a student.

The officer was given a plastic baggy containing a marijuana cigarette found in a student’s possession.

The substance tested positive for marijuana.

The officer spoke to the student’s mother and advised her the case would be referred to juvenile authorities.


About 8 a.m. Jan. 6 officers were dispatched to a business in the 700 block of Commerce for a burglary.

A city worker told police he was working in the alley behind the business and noticed the door was forced open.

The owner was called and went through the business with the officer, identifying more than $700 worth of merchandise taken.

The man said it was the third time since Christmas his store was been broken into and he had added locks to the back door after the previous break-ins.

The officer documented damage to the door and took information about the stolen merchandise.