Police blotter —

Samplings of recent calls received by Clovis-area law enforcement officers, according to reports:

Around 8 a.m. May 25 an officer responded to a school in the 2000 block of Humphrey Road for a report of theft.

A school administrator told the officer when she arrived at work, she noticed a cow statue that stood in front of the school had been stolen.

The woman said the statue, which she had last seen the night before, weighs about 600 pounds and was bolted to a concrete pad.

The officer took a description of the statue, including the fact the school’s name was written on its sides along with a Bible verse on its head.

The statue was valued at about $3,000.


About 11 p.m. May 26 an officer responded to a business in the 2100 block of West 21st Street for a report of criminal damage.

A clerk told the officer a young man came into the store and wanted to buy some matches. She refused to sell them to him because he looked underage and appeared intoxicated.

She said the male left the store and got in a vehicle, shot the front door of the store with a BB gun, shattering the window and then drove away.

The officer took photos and collected surveillance video.


Around 6 a.m. May 27 an officer responded to the 500 block of Calhoun Street for a report of suspicious activity.

A resident pointed out a car parked in a back yard and told the officer the occupants had been having sex in the vehicle.

The officer made contact with a man and woman inside the vehicle and after checking their identification, discovered the man had an outstanding warrant for failing to pay fines.

He was transported to the jail.


About 10 p.m. May 27 an officer took a harassment report at the police department.

A woman said some girls had been leaving her 12-year-old daughter threatening voicemail messages.

She played one of the messages for the officer, who noted the female voices said they were going to kill the girl and beat her up.

The officer made contact with one of the girls but did not speak to her because her guardian was not home.

The officer contacted the mother again, who told her she had decided to speak with the parents of the other girls before proceeding with a case.